WHO WE ARE:
ABC Montessori Pre-School is fully licensed and governed by the child care licensing regulations of British Columbia. Privately owned and operated the school is staffed by dedicated and experienced teachers and offers a nurturing and inspiring child care facility that encourages both self expression and creativity, while gently motivating group participation and social activity.
WHAT WE DO:
The ABC Montessori Preschool provides programs and practices that will enable children to grow mentally, emotionally and socially. Most programs are presented through play, music and movement. Cognitive development is encouraged as well as physical activity to provide a well rounded educational environment.
Since the crucial importance of parental contribution and participation is recognized by the preschool, an open door policy prevails to facilitate communication between parents and teachers.
HOW WE DO IT:
- Establish clear and precise limits of behaviour.
- Be patient and respectful when trying to get a child’s attention.
- Encourage children to make amends and rebuild friendships.
- Focus on behaviour, keeping in mind each individual personality.
- Help children develop problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Acknowledge individual emotions and set age and personality appropriate limits.
- Help children to use words to express needs and emotions.